What are the Benefits of Pregnancy Massage Therapy?
Pregnancy massage therapy can help to reduce swollen legs and feet, reduces muscle cramps and back pain and calms the nervous system, aiding in comfortable sleep.
A hormone called Relaxin is released during pregnancy which makes your joints looser in preparation to accommodate your growing baby. This is where massage can help you, massage can help you move better, easing discomfort and allowing you to sleep more comfortably.
Pregnancy massage is also effective in the following areas:
- Swelling and fluid retention
- Relieves muscle spasms and cramps
- Increases blood flow and lymphatic circulation
- Improves muscle pliability and joint flexibility
- Reduces stress and calms nervous irritability
- Lower back pain