It’s best to have your bag packed and ready to go by the time you are eight months pregnant, as you can go into labour any time in the weeks leading up to your due date.
Everyone has different requirements, so everyone’s hospital bags will be different.
We have included a list of general items you and your baby may require for your stay:
- Photo ID for both parents
- Your antenatal card
- Signed consent form from your Doctor
- Comfortable clothes for day wear
- Slippers/socks or comfortable shoes
- Nursing bra and nursing pads
- Maternity sanitary pads
- Medicare and Health fund card
- Nappies and wipes
- Bath lotion
- Baby clothes (Onsies, singlets etc)
- Formula and bottles
- Camera, phone and chargers